Home Made Food Gifts

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Most of my clients never go in their kitchens its a room the housekeeper uses. Every now and then a client will bring in home made cookies or brownies. I have always enjoy them, today cookies came in. As I was eating one another client came in and I asked if they would like a cookie. She asked if I was ever at the bakers house. When I said no she asked if I worry how clean the person is. I have been to peoples houses that where so dirty I wouldn't drink a glass of water there. When you are gifted with home made food do you ever wonder how clean their kitchen is ?

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
As long as its cooked, then no.

If that baker has hepatitis, then yes...oh Lord, yes...they can indirectly transfer that disease to cooked items. Cooking kills hepatitis, but not food handling after cooking.

I'm making a big huge pot of chili today, for evacuees. So far, I've pulled out two dogs hairs....hey, its extra protein!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
normal people use their kitchens for cooking, not as a museum display.....
A few years ago, I would have agreed with you, but it seems like over half the people I know now have very fancy kitchens they don't want to cook in because it would get things dirty.
My DH's friend was surprised that I fry bacon for BLTs. "You don't get the precooked?" But then, they DO have a nice kitchen. And they eat out almost exclusively.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
A few years ago, I would have agreed with you, but it seems like over half the people I know now have very fancy kitchens they don't want to cook in because it would get things dirty.
My DH's friend was surprised that I fry bacon for BLTs. "You don't get the precooked?" But then, they DO have a nice kitchen. And they eat out almost exclusively.

That is hilarious yet so often true. When we bought this house my wife's sister-in-law loved the huge beautiful kitchen. Our daughter-in-law fell in love with the kitchen, she wants to come over and cook here. My wife would have preferred a smaller kitchen so she would not have to clean as much area. She does keep it clean. And we use it, hardly ever eat out or get anything pre-cooked.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
we had blt's last night but we did the bacon in the oven slow cooked..yum

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bacon is nuked.... grease runs off. Paper towel over bacon stops the grease from splashing.