Homegrown Revolution

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow :frow

Greenthumb,

That is a wonderful video & so positive in it's messages!
:love

It is so good to hear people say just START to do what you can to make a difference.......... I am so glad you found it & posted it here. :hugs

I just hate it when people say nothing can be done to counteract the hold of large corporations -- it is not true. I am an optimist! We all can do a bit. I see people all over doing their little bit but now they are banding together & talking with each other; getting information on how to tackle things, sharing their skills & helping others.

WE are already making a difference!! It was why I started The UK Allotment Thread -- Initially I wanted to show people here on TEG the new resurgence of enthusiasm for providing vegetables & fruit for the family that was happening in my own country. Later I realised that it was happening all over the world & a lot of it powered by the internet. All these people were blogging to each other........ getting the word around. YES, we can make a difference.......!!.......& at the same time we get healthier & happier & make a whole lot of new friends.

Bless you for posting this video! :D

:tools :tools :tools :tools :tools :tools :tools :tools :tools :tools :tools :tools :tools :tools :tools

:tools Hattie :tools

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I heard about them a couple of years ago and check their website every so often to see what they are up to now.
They have accomplished alot in such a small space.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have heard about them. I believe last year they harvested 6,000 pounds of veggies and their goal for this year is 10,000!

I better not complain about my tiny veggie garden!:)

Mary

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow, thank you so much! I love this video and will be passing it along as I think it is a wonderful testiment to what we can do. This is where I want to go with our home, or at least reasonably close. :D

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Nice! I have the laundry wringer she is demonstrating in that video, it works pretty well.

I do wonder what their water usage is. Pasadena doesn't get much rainfall.

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ran across this video back last year. It's hard to shake those "hippy" roots....those that do, have to work REALLY hard at it or never had their "roots" run too deep, to begin with.
Gonna have to check more thoroughly into edible flowers. Sure makes a salad look good.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
my dh was born in '65 and survived the 'hippy' era and still wears his tye-dye all the time. i just wish he had the bug for gardening and thinking about energy conservation stuff like the solar panels. i'd love to have my future greenhouse heated for the winter with the passive solar heaters i found plans for.

having our own house on .47 of an acre, i'm getting him interested in having lots of fruits trees, berry plants, herbs and veggies. after seeing something that Hattie posted on another thread about vertical landscaping/gardening i may try to do as much as i can on trellises in the front yard since my lawn is almost dead from too much shade from 3 huge oak trees and grubs munching away on the roots. and the back yard is getting some raised beds in areas so he won't run the plants over while trying to mow the lawn (or clover and ground ivy :lol: ) i have a nearly blank slate to work with on this coast!

now, if only the rain and snow would finally take it's leave of us here i could get started for the season! :lol:

Latest posts