Homemade Tick Repellent

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Might work.

DW has been putting ACV on her feet (?) in the morning - fortunately, in the bathroom. The paper towel goes in the waste basket. The room reeks!

Probably one of the reasons why I'm not much of a forager. I'm very suspicious of bushes during the summer. And, bugs love me! I may have to have a blood test today during a routine MD visit. I have TWO mosquito bites on my left arm, inside elbow. I've been treating them with anti-itch cream for 4 days! What was that southern Florida mosquito problem? I've ruled out Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever ..!

Steve

HomesteaderWife

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We've tried quite a bit to try and repel ticks and they keep getting worse each year. We have tried apple cider vinegar, rubbing alcohol, a repellent made by a company called REPEL, and a few yard products. They are absolutely HORRIBLE still! Anyone have luck with essential oils, and if so which ones do you use?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
According to that recipe, you have to re-apply every 4 hours. I would imagine that if you are outside sweating, you might as well just dump the stuff over your head.

Latest posts