Hornworms

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't know about bird baths.

I just took a walk around one part of the neighborhood and talked to one neighbor about another ... (talk = gossip). I was curious what he was having done in his backyard with the concrete. I felt sorry for both the worker and the guy who showed up with the concrete ... and had to stand in the mid-day sun on the 38°C afternoon.

As I suspected, a round concrete slab materialized in his backyard. I'm quite sure that he had a big umbrella delivered today but I won't go over to snoop on his front porch - should be a round picnic table somewhere with a hole through the top. He has his toddlers over as a single dad, often.

I didn't think to check other backyards for bird baths ;). There's a lot of lawn sprinklers running on lawns, these days. About 2 kilometers away is a river but that's a little far for a sparrow. Maybe a birdbath would be a good idea but my bird sympathy level hadn't been reached ... altho I did take a Gatorade out to the mailman's van on my walk.

Steve

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
In Arkansas my bird feeder attracted deer. They didn't bother the dogs, dogs didn't bother them. Worthless mutts. I think they got used to them.

I didn't have issues with raccoons. Not sure why but not complaining. Occasionally possum or skunk would show up in that area and attract the dogs' attention. Not sure if the bird feeder attracted them or they were just too slow to get out of the dogs' way. The possum I didn't mine. They'd play dead and I'd get a shovel. The skunks? Well, I didn't much like that.

Latest posts