How Often Do You Rearrange Your Furniture ?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary's post about how she is always moving and rearranging things in her garden got me thinking. I get bored and change furniture around a lot. I also like to antique, sometimes bringing home a new find means rearranging. I like to paint a room every 2 years keeps things fresh. When paint dry and things moved back I try to be different. If I walk in my parent house today everything is exact same as when I left home as teenager. Same wallpaper put up 40 years ago. Where do you fall ?

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pretty much right there with your parents ... Until a relative sends home a piece of furniture we have to keep/display. Then things get moved... a little.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
My couch is so heavy I can't move it. Huge bookcase and TV on one wall and fireplace on another.
Before I got the couch I have now, I would re-arrange the furniture about yearly. DH would think he walked into the wrong house.

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I lived with my parents as a kid and young adult, I always moved things around. At least once a month, but it was easy and fun when I lived in one or two rooms. But now with a house, no, not fun and too much DH stuff in the way. =/

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I was younger I used to move everything around about once a month when deep cleaning or it didn't 'feel' like I'd cleaned.

Now I'm lucky if I can move the vaccuum around the floor. Furniture stays put unless Gypsy is helping me clean. Then she moves everything out to vaccuum, dust, de-web, etc. behind and under then pushes everything back in place.

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We do every now and then in my room mostly James got himself a living room chair we changed the living room around
so he could have his chair

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
our home is not that small it is 2178 square feet but 5 bedrooms the kitchen is quite large so is the living room
but I have a sewing room just for my machines I have 3 in use at any given time.. I also 2 or maybe 3 I need to rehome
really bad

Latest posts