How to maintain your beautiful lawn

amandac

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Recently, I moved to my new home in Georgetown. I had a beautiful lawn in my old house. For setting the lawn in our new house, I had consulted a lawn maintenance service in Georgetown. So I was hoping to give you some tips for a perfect lawn. Something I've been following for my maintaining my lawn.
1) Don't forget to water the lawn in the morning.
2) Feed your lawn daily.
3) If your lawn is a little thin in areas, you can seed over the area to help lush it up.
4) Cut your grass to a height of 6 to 8 centimetres, which will prevent the growth of weeds and discourage insect pests.
5) Promote more green grasses.
6) Grow small plants which improve the beauty of our greenery.
Finally, the secret of having a green lawn lies in providing enough nutrients, practising sound weed control, and following the proper mowing routine. It is better to use natural lawn fertilizers for a better result.

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Recently, I moved to my new home in Georgetown. I had a beautiful lawn in my old house. For setting the lawn in our new house, I had consulted a lawn maintenance service in Georgetown. So I was hoping to give you some tips for a perfect lawn. Something I've been following for my maintaining my lawn.
1) Don't forget to water the lawn in the morning.
2) Feed your lawn daily.
3) If your lawn is a little thin in areas, you can seed over the area to help lush it up.
4) Cut your grass to a height of 6 to 8 centimetres, which will prevent the growth of weeds and discourage insect pests.
5) Promote more green grasses.
6) Grow small plants which improve the beauty of our greenery.
Finally, the secret of having a green lawn lies in providing enough nutrients, practising sound weed control, and following the proper mowing routine. It is better to use natural lawn fertilizers for a better result.
That seems pretty much straightforward.. thanks.. the real issue is the neighbour's dogs.. no matter how nifty are you on maintenance, daily watering, cutting. when your neighbour's dogs ran wild on your lawn...
🐕🐕🐕🐕 ... oh man.. :(:(:(

flowerbug

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That seems pretty much straightforward.. thanks.. the real issue is the neighbour's dogs.. no matter how nifty are you on maintenance, daily watering, cutting. when your neighbour's dogs ran wild on your lawn...
🐕🐕🐕🐕 ... oh man.. :(:(:(
i never plan on keeping a lawn up according to the commonly portrayed (and in my very biased opinion a mentally insane or warped) version. i'm surely not going to fertilize it only to have to mow it more often. besides the pollution and waste of expense who wants to mow more often? i'm also not particularly concerned about which species are in there as all i do is mow it with the mulching mower and that's all. i don't water it, i don't weed it, i don't fertilize it, i don't poison anything in it. whatever survives is selected by the mowing and the climate and the surrounding area. the bunnies will weed it (they eat the dandelions, plantains, clovers, etc.). it looks pretty nice as it is. some of the best topsoil we have too (since almost all of it is around the place we had topsoil brought in).

john

Sprout
Reaction score
I have zoysia grass planted about 25 yrs ago. I took about 100 plugs did the front and by the garage. So one year I noticed I had a patch here and there but also had 5 trees in the yard. One tree died I cut it down have another poplar and 2 others I had topped, as soon as I did that the grass took off all over. I now have a front yard I keep about 3-4 inches tall. I punch it once a year and hit it with lime once a year I could cut it twice a month but my side yard is all weeds and trash from the road so I top the zoysia once a week at least it looks good. I have had the whole lawn now about 5 years when it greens up its great.

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have zoysia grass planted about 25 yrs ago. I took about 100 plugs did the front and by the garage. So one year I noticed I had a patch here and there but also had 5 trees in the yard. One tree died I cut it down have another poplar and 2 others I had topped, as soon as I did that the grass took off all over. I now have a front yard I keep about 3-4 inches tall. I punch it once a year and hit it with lime once a year I could cut it twice a month but my side yard is all weeds and trash from the road so I top the zoysia once a week at least it looks good. I have had the whole lawn now about 5 years when it greens up its great.
I'm kinda wondering about the dead tree. what are your plans about it? I know you will not gonna let it go to waste. I'm very interested.. please let me know what your plans about the dead tree. It might give me an idea on what to do with the dead at my backyard.