Hummingbirds in Space

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
well, ok, they've not gone to space yet that i know of, but imagine that! :) do you think they'd figure it out and not flap their wings thousands of times a second or would they go nuts?

aside from that pondering the topic is indeed hummingbirds and how much characters they can be. :)

this morning i was outside watering the beans i'd planted and a Red Throated Hummingbird came along like it was interested in what i was doing so i held the hose spray still and it dove right in to get a drink and a bath in the spray. what then surprised me was that it went down onto the ground and flapped a while to get the water off it's wings and then took off again and hovered in the spray as i was moving it around to water the beans, it would follow the spray, get wet, go to the ground, flap a bit, then back up into the spray, etc. after about 3 minutes it went off to the nearby fence and sat there so i sprayed it and it sat there and flapped for a while and then i got back to watering the beans and it took off.

it was a fun few moments and i wish i'd had a camera with me to capture it on film. i told Mom about it and we were just talking about it again a few minutes ago and i came to stretch out here on my own perch in my room and the hummer came by my window. i told Mom it knew we were talking about it. :)

Latest posts