hurt monday then wrecked motorcycle saturday

dipence71

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Well I think I am just jinxed :barnie
(Monday) I fell while working with chicks and did soft tissue damage and sprained L ankle pretty bad and sprained my L wrist went to ER got xrays and not broken :clap
Well Saturday I was on a motorcycle trip to AK and wrecked my motorcycle. I was going around a curve and gravel had washed up on the road and off I went... went through the grass and thought ok not so bad then hit a huge ditch and (my friends behind me) said I left the ground by about 3 feet both tires, came down hard and up over the handle bars I went skidded across the gravel and grass.
That being said i am obviously ok I am here lol bow . But I had to be taken to ER by ambulance and have my wounds debreeded *SP basically scrubbed. OUCH is the least I can say. It hurt worse than child birth with no meds. I have "road rash" from my shoulder to my wrist. Basically raw meat but the shoulder got the worst of it.
Gave me Demerol shot and tetanus shot and antibiotic shot. Gave me script for pain med and strong antibiotic. No xrays or anything.
I did hit my head and have a small bump and scrap on my face. All in all I was VERY lucky. :thumbsup

Went to my dr today and he thinks I may have broken my collar bone by my shoulder ep but is going to wait to see how it feels nxt Monday and if still soar and swollen he is sending me for xray :huhu . (no wonder it hurts so dang bad.) Probably tore part of my rotator cup too he said.
My arm and hand is puffy and swollen but not too terribly bad.

I have bruises on my knees and across my chest.

I had my FIL taking care of my chickens so they were ok. D
had to go tend to them today and if it weren't for my DD11 I would not have been able to do it. She is being a huge help. :weee

:th DH had to give me baths and wash my hair and help me dress and everything while we were still on vacation because we didn't come home till Monday. But today he had to go to work and I stayed in bed and rested most of the day.

My DD 17 washed my hair for me today so I could go to the Dr.

I hate being laid up. There is sooo much to do with the chickens ducks and garden ect.... :rant :somad

But at least I am here to worry about it.

anyway that is why I haven't been around here for a while.......

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh my goodness, thank goodness it wasn't worse - although I'll bet it feels like worse! You didn't have leathers on, did you? I was always so afraid of that, even when it was hot, I kept my leather jacket on. Boots too. The boots saved my leg once. Motorcycles are fun, until they're not - heal well!

dipence71

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
No I did not have my leathers on because it was sooo hot.
I did have and almost always wear my boots.

Yes it does hurt and i am sore all over. But I will heal.

Thank you all for your support

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am so sorry to hear all this... thank goodness you are alive and you are not alone at home. Family is so wonderful in times like this! :hugs

Latest posts