I got a new camera!

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I bought a new camera Sunday, and I was so excited I just wanted to share with you. :) Here's a few test shots of the chickens I took.
IMG_0381.JPG

IMG_1093.JPG

IMG_0607.JPG

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
The eggs are worth it. Is this a full sized camera or a pocket camera? Why bought DH a new Canon Rebel a few years ago (Christmas) and took about 4,000 pictures on our Alaska cruise with both of them. I was even using mine, a NIKON COOLPIX, when I walked a local parade for a local judge candidate last Saturday. Here is one of my favorite photos that I took of the candidates (her) DD, and I was walking backwards to take it:
DSCN3983.JPG

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
The eggs are worth it. Is this a full sized camera or a pocket camera? Why bought DH a new Canon Rebel a few years ago (Christmas) and took about 4,000 pictures on our Alaska cruise with both of them. I was even using mine, a NIKON COOLPIX, when I walked a local parade for a local judge candidate last Saturday. Here is one of my favorite photos that I took of the candidates (her) DD, and I was walking backwards to take it:
View attachment 21286

It may be so, and in truth my chickens did win some prizes at the fair for their eggs, but the white leghorns produce the same amount of eggs on 1/4 the food. The RIRs are so fat if you pick them up blind folded you'd mistake them for turkeys >.< I tried putting them on a diet one time and give them only the amount of food they are supposed to get per day...they all jumped up on the bucket/my arms/my shoulders next feeding time. I'd rather just let them be fat.

That photo is quite good. You should be proud of it. :)

Nice pics of your flock AMKuska, what kind of camera did you get? We'll be expecting you to share a lot more pictures with us now you know! :)

It is a PowerShot SX530 HS, by canon. So far I really love it. :) The zoom is fantastic, the quality of the photos, and I now know how to use most of the features of the camera. My favorite by far is if you are zoomed in and lose the critter you are tracking, you can press a button on the side of the camera that will zoom out, but with a white box in the center of the view finder. Put what ever you were tracking in the white box and let go of the button, PRESTO! You are back to zoomed in but with critter in view again.

Here's some photos from the day. My son and I had a lot of fun taking them.IMG_1524.JPG
IMG_1566.JPG
IMG_1520.JPG

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those are sweet pics, looks like you both had a fun day. :)

My first SLR was a Canon AE1. I loved that camera, and still have it tucked in a closet, though it's totally outdated now with digital photography. I think you'll get a lot of good use out of your Canon, they make a quality product.

I'm cleaning out a closet and took my 50 kajillion prints out of the huge cardboard box they were in and stuffed them in a more substantial Rubbermaid bin. It's my goal to get them into some sort of organization...someday...it's pretty overwhelming to consider, so I put them into a different closet. :rolleyes:

It's hard to move pictures from one box into another without getting totally immersed in memories. All those pictures of when my kids were babies and as they grew was like a time warp where I lost all sense of the present and the job I was working on reorganizing.

Anyway, take lots of pictures! (As if you need to be told!) They are such a wonderful thing to relive.

TheCuteOrpington

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I've got a camera that is quite old lol

But it takes GREAT pics of the lunar eclipse I took a few days ago.

Latest posts