I Have Cherries

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Growing up there where 2 semi dwarf cherry trees in our yard. We where never allowed to clime any of the trees in our yard, but I never listened. Every spring they would be covered in pink flowers, later as the cherries ripened I would clime and eat them. As a adult I wanted my own cherry trees and tried to grow one. Failure after failure tree would die. I was sure it was my slow draining heavy clay soil. I tried sweet, tart, ornamental cherry all died. i ordered from Stark bro cherry grafted to roots that could handle clay. planted on mounds nothing worked. For years I kept tiring always failure. last year I gave 1 more try with a tart cherry. Last night i went up to country house. This morning I checked the orchard 1 tree was covered in small yellow fruit, I did not remember what tree it was luckly tag was still on it. Tart cherry :weee:weee:clap:clap:clap:ya:ya:woot:woot This is the only cherry that made it though winter and fruited.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Growing up there where 2 semi dwarf cherry trees in our yard. We where never allowed to clime any of the trees in our yard, but I never listened. Every spring they would be covered in pink flowers, later as the cherries ripened I would clime and eat them. As a adult I wanted my own cherry trees and tried to grow one. Failure after failure tree would die. I was sure it was my slow draining heavy clay soil. I tried sweet, tart, ornamental cherry all died. i ordered from Stark bro cherry grafted to roots that could handle clay. planted on mounds nothing worked. For years I kept tiring always failure. last year I gave 1 more try with a tart cherry. Last night i went up to country house. This morning I checked the orchard 1 tree was covered in small yellow fruit, I did not remember what tree it was luckly tag was still on it. Tart cherry :weee:weee:clap:clap:clap:ya:ya:woot:woot This is the only cherry that made it though winter and fruited.
I admire your tenacity.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
We planted a cherry tree too! :) We planted it last year and thought it was dead. This year it has proudly put out a single branch of leaves. I hope some day to see flowers!

Latest posts