I have weird chickens

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rusty topping a red star.jpg

Yes, that is a picture of chickens doing you-know-what. What is weird about it is that the black one, Rusty is a hen too. She is a serial molester. Rusty stalks unsuspecting hens, then pecks their head. The selected hen then squats for her and she hops aboard. Yes, she goes through "all" the rooster motions. :lol: Rusty hops off and the hen stands up, ruffles up her feathers, shakes them back in place, then her and Rusty have an after sex cigarette before Rusty goes looking for another cute hen. :lol::lol:

And it gets weirder. I don't keep a rooster, living in town on a small lot, I don't want to disturb neighbors. So I guess these poor hens are so starved for a roosters affections, that they'll settle for anything--even me. Before you ask, no I don't stalk the hens--Rusty has that covered--literally. :gigWhen I walk close to one, they squat for me. I stroke their back, they stick their tails up and I squeeze their tails. Same thing, the hen stands up, ruffles her feathers, then shakes them back in place. I don't smoke, so we can't share a cigarette.......... :lol:

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I for one remain open minded about your chicken, and feel she has equal rights, and should be allowed freedom of expression and orientation, with no discrimination or any of that stuff.

:p

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Walll, I might not know how to put it politically correct, but all the good stuff, and you know what I mean...

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rusty is not a rooster? That perhaps doesn't crow? :/

Mary

I have witnessed Rusty laying her egg. Nope-definitely NOT a rooster! I liked her from the time she was a tiny chick-she had tons of attitude. She muscled right up the chicken ladder of success to the #2 position in the coop. #1 is Robin, a black sex link that rules the roost and will bite the heck out of me. She has attitude too, and will walk on a leash.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
The mating ritual is not just about fertilizing the eggs. It’s also a dominance thing. The one on bottom is accepting the dominance of the one on top, whether willingly or by force. I’ve had a hen do the same thing when I didn’t have a mature rooster in the flock. She’d touch vents and all that.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, we have a weird chicken thread, and there's a strange chicken thread too.

Try not to call her weird. It's...

Neurodiversity

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
When you have a group of hens without a male one of the hens will take on a more masculine role. Don't worry, it's all natural with chickens!

If you want to see gender confused fowl, you should see our ducks! I've seen females mating females, males mating males.... and heck!.... even a male duck mating a goose! :lol:

Latest posts