I just about ate myself sick.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
So this is my third year trying to garden and, BIG NEWS, something grew!

Radishes to be exact.

And today I picked 8 of them and hauled them inside with every intention of putting them in a salad. Unfortunately, they were just so tasty they didn't make it to the salad. I've never had radishes with so much flavor!

Chopped up the leaves and gave them to the chickens, and they appear to have the same opinion of it. There isn't so much as a stalk left.

Seriously, who knew fresh veggies could be so good?

DSCN3437.jpg

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seriously, who knew fresh veggies could be so good?

DSCN3437.jpg

Other gardeners, that's who! There is nothing that can compare to food straight from the garden to the table.

This is the kind of success that gets gardeners addicted. You may never be able to go back to store-bought.

Yeah, you!

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wait, so you're saying... you usually don't eat yourself sick?

That's a good looking harvest that you have there, they have really long roots. What variety are they? I planted Cincinnati Market, a week or two more and they should be ready.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Red, those radishes never made it to the table. I'll admit, mine usually don't either.

AMKuska, just wait until you taste a real home grown tomato. Or asparagus. Wait until you get fresh garlic, not even totally cured. Or probably my favorite, corn on the table that was growing in your garden about 25 minutes before it's served.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wait, so you're saying... you usually don't eat yourself sick?

That's a good looking harvest that you have there, they have really long roots. What variety are they? I planted Cincinnati Market, a week or two more and they should be ready.

I'm not sure. I think they are "Cherry Belle" but I have no idea. I just grabbed the seed packet that said "radish" off the rack. :)

Red, those radishes never made it to the table. I'll admit, mine usually don't either.

AMKuska, just wait until you taste a real home grown tomato. Or asparagus. Wait until you get fresh garlic, not even totally cured. Or probably my favorite, corn on the table that was growing in your garden about 25 minutes before it's served.

I'm guessing most of those won't make it to the table either. ;-)

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love radishes. Somehow I forgot to plant any this spring. Probably too late now.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@AMKuska there is nothing better than picking what's ready in the garden and cooking it for supper. Those are some very pretty radishes!

Latest posts