I just had to laugh

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Fenced against the deer. Jack rabbits cannot get in. Live in a golf course community so they don't allow even Chickens (sob). Gophers? Millions of them. I do have a mouse living next to my compost bin. Do you think he/she ate them? I've fed he/she apples, french fries, bread, etc. We also are starting to get grasshoppers due to the drought. Two summers ago they were at least 2.5 " in length. Haven't seen any yet this year.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Moose? nope. Mountain lions and coyotes help to keep the deer in check somewhat....But there is a tight knit herd that contains 11 of them dang thangs'.......Golfers think they are "cute". Residents not so much.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Better to laugh than cry! I would try some chicken wire around that space and see what happens. It will keep rabbits out, at least. Mice you are not going to discourage- but I doubt mice did that thorough of a job! Your friend "Buck" could have helped himself...

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
That reminds me of my kale I left in the garden, hoping it would over-winter. I checked on it the other day: it was just stubs. Every bit of green was eaten off. I think it was rabbits in this case.

Poka_Doodle

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We had something in ours last summer. Our barn cat tried when he was out but didn't succeed. Hope it doesn't come back this year

Ray

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I have always been told that cats will eat rabbits and everyone knows they will eat rats so maybe one or two will help

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
We had a large orange cat when I was a kid that would catch and kill wild rabbits and squirrels. He was a big ol' son of a gun though.

Latest posts