I know this may sound weird

ChickenMomma91

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
As some of you know, I've started a blog. It doesn't get much traffic but I've got some good posts in there. I post it to twitter when I have a post up or I'm trying to drum up more readers and it gets shared to my Facebook. Majority of my readers are facebookers that click the link and stay for about 2.5 seconds and they don't browse despite all the awesome stuff on there. I started a review thing and have a page dedicated to the posts that are review related. If you have any ideas for posts I'm willing to give them a shot if I know what I'm talking about, I hope to get a bread making tutorial on there just gotta get DH involved taking photos for me which will make it take twice as long but it should be worth it. The link is in my signature if y'all could swing by and point out anything that may be missing or that could enhance it I'd be forever grateful. And if its too pink be honest! My SIL hates pink but decided to be a sweetheart and say it was perfect. There is even a shout out post to the lovely people on this site who made a huge post about wishing me happy birthday.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I didn't explore deeply into the site but at first glance your font is very, very hard to read easily...it's small and cursive, which makes for slow reading, especially for older eyes. Pretty front page, though, and hope to get a chance to read more there.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I haven't really blogged much in a couple of years, but I get more traffic now than I did when I was posting and a lot of it comes from Pinterest. So start an account and pin yourself and hopefully it will get re-pinned a bunch of times. It will multiply your reach exponentially. :)

I think the dark pink (fuschia? :D) is pretty, as it ties in nicely with the beets in your header. Most of your readers will likely be female anyway for the category of blog you have.

Bee is right, you need a clean print type font for your paragraphs. The cursive is ok for headers and titles though, as those are a larger font size.

Photos are a big hook. If your own shots aren't coming out to your satisfaction, you can often use copyright-free photos. Some stock photos you may have to purchase, some can be found for free. Be sure to cite your source. Try http://www.istockphoto.com/ or www.flickr.com . Look for photos that have no specified copyright or are public domain.

Keep your titles very concise and specific as well as the first paragraph. People who are searching for info on something will be more likely to stop and read if they can figure out what it's about right off the bat as most folks are in a hurry and just scanning through.

Hope that helps! Good luck! :)

Latest posts