I love coleus.

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
i'm all about easy. i bet i have rooted 50 coleus this year. lol. i really like the big leaved kind with all the colors in it. i'll have to take a pick now that is is bushed out again from my butchering it to make babies!

Picture4029.jpg
Picture4021.jpg

Picture3726.jpg

Picture3984.jpg

robbobbin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I especially like the dark marbled leaf ones. I know your not suppose to let them go to flower, but I do-I like the little purple blooms too, and since their only annuals here, I figure 'whats the difference?"
I get free seedlings every year from a local nursery, so I plant them in amongst my flower beds.
Maybe I'll try taking some cuttings and wintering them over inside...

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Beefy I agree with you,,,, :D coleus is wonderful for so many areas in pot, garden, flower box or border it works well every where.
:bouquet My Grammy got me hooked on planting it..
I had one just like the one you pictured it looked so lush and full......
:barnie until my ducks decided to prune it..... :ep Oh Boy!!!!
:th But I did get bout a dozen cuttings from it first...
:happy_flower I started 4 different ones from cuttings we did at a 3 day short course I took last week at Missouri University on Greenhouse Management.. That was lots of fun too by the way..
:tools But if you have 50 differnet colors of coleus I sure would like to swap you some starts if I have any differnt than you do... :coolsun Let me know Karan

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
no i dont have 50 different kinds. but i have unlimited supply of the one pictured lol. and also an unlimited supply of the big leaf kind that has all the different colors in it--will take a picture later. its the most beautiful coleus of all to me. and i also have that loud chartreuse kind. oh wait i think i might have a pic, i'll go look.

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
:ep Hey gals I had an Idea strike me :smack

Why don't we do a coleus exchange??? Kinda like a chain letter but say I send 2 different starts to Beefy and Beefy sends 2 to Sewing Diva and so no.... Just get a sign up list started then after certain date start sending from the list????
What ya think ???? :bee :coolsun huh?