I Love Skunks

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Funny how we all have our own perspective on things. I have a totally different attitude, especially when I'm the one washing a dog (without pay) or turn a corner (especially after dark) and find myself just a few feet away from one.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't give away any trade secrets, but how do you handle a skunky dog?

Our first Alaskan Malamute female loved that Eau e' Skunk perfume. Wasn't a deterrent to her at all.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
No secret Hydrogen peroxide ( has to be unopened bottle) baking soda, dawn dish washing and splash of beach. Put on dry dog work into fur leave on 10 mins. If sprayed in face put a few drops of mineral oil in each eye. Will form a protective coating on eye. What I seen work the best, a clients dog sprayed at night she poured a bottle of hydrogen peroxide on dog then threw dog in her pool.No shunk smell at all

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is great to know. We've gotten a couple of skunk dogs at my work, but they are uncommon here. Nothing I've tried has ever worked, including the "Deskunk" shampoos. I'll have to try that if we ever get one again.

Now how do you handle ticks? :sick

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Grab them with my fingers pull quickly/ head always comes with body. What worked the best for skunks was Massengill medicated douche powder. Also flush any infected ear with it cleared right up. Unfortunately they stopped making it

Latest posts