I want to move a tree!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ok... so I always complain about my lack of trees yet we own part of a pond and some woods behind the pond. We were out on saturday clearing the INSANE amount of trumpet vine that has taken over when I came across this gorgeous tree. Its a double trunk with silvery/pale green leaves and tiny gold berries on the tips. I pulled away a lot of vine, and amazingly the vine grew low and around it rather then chocking it out like it did to my maples!

Now, the tree is a good 7-8 ft tall. I want to move it out of the woods, where it isn't seen so well, and into my front yard? Is this a good idea, and is now the time to do it? I really think its gorgeous and I can't afford to get anything new to plant right now. So suggestions would be great. :|

I may try to tackle this today or tomorrow.

dixiechick

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I've always followed my grandfather's advice to move trees when the "sap's down" which is at Christmas time. I rarely lose trees when I listen to him (of course there are times that I've cheated, and the trees paid the price).

If you do move it, make sure you de-stress the tree by misting the leaves after planting. Mist A LOT!!

Good Luck!

PS. What kind of tree?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have NO idea what kind of tree it is. :/

I will take a picture tomorrow, and maybe I will wait until November to try to move it.... but we'll see.

I know I will dig the whole with my husband and add compost at the bottom of the hole. After we plant it, it will get a good watering, and I will for sure mist it.

It hasn't colored so it may or may not be an evergreen....

I just know the silvery green oval leaves and gold/green berries. The branches are kinda willowy.

Latest posts