I would appreciate it if.....

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
anyone on west, east coast and non-USA posters would respond to this post and say they understand I make gumbo. If you remember the thread on what people can for easy meals. Will explain later.... Thanks for now.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
West coast, non-USA here, I've made gumbo in the past a couple of times but never canned it. First time I followed the recipe and it was delicious, second time it was so hot we couldn't eat it, new bottle of cayenne :eek:. I shouldn't have used the amount of cayenne this particular recipe called for, talk about burn. Now, I can't get anyone interested in trying it again. Have you got a good recipe that doesn't take the lining off the roof of your mouth and tongue?

Annette

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yup, you make gumbo, @seedcorn.

Justin Wilson makes gumbo. Martha makes gumbo. Paul Prudhomme make gumbo. Heck, I'd guess lots of our Southerner members on TEG make gumbo.

Gumbo is a Southern cooking comfort food that is made by all good cooks of Southern cuisine.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
well i have never been invited to the house for gumbo, so i can not answer this one.. but yes do love a good gumbo a couple times a year...
all about the rue....

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is fine, but all will be made clear later...... @majorcatfish, are you of the understanding that I can gumbo without the meat?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
anyone on west, east coast and non-USA posters would respond to this post and say they understand I make gumbo. If you remember the thread on what people can for easy meals. Will explain later.... Thanks for now.
Is this a trick question?;)

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seedcorn, there are members here who have passed through Missouri a few times too often and won't capitulate on any issue unless they have personal knowledge. It's possible that until you invite the major to supper or ship a canned supply to him, he's never gonna admit to more than "well i have never been invited to the house for gumbo, so i can not answer this one.." or "well, you've talked about it on TEG, but I don't know maybe talk all there is to your gumbo."

Sure, and I'm not that sweet, little ole lady smiling in the avatar, but might be a 7-foot Chinese raiser of water buffalo in Guam until we meet in person. Some folks believe and some need to be shown.

Latest posts