Ida? Ridgerunner?

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks for asking, Steve. It's still kind of early to tell what will happen. When we went to bed last night (Wednesday) there wasn't much there. Then this morning it kind of blew up. As we saw last year these things can go anywhere and either develop fast or die off to not much. I think we'll have a better idea tomorrow of where this one might hit and what it will look like.

It looks like it will be a fairly big storm, will affect a lot of the Gulf Coast. Some of these storms are fairly compact, even if they are really strong. Not this one, a lot of people will get wet.

We've finished most of out preparations. Cars are gassed up, the generator is ready, we have our emergency stash, including a lot of water. I put a few hurricane panels up to protect the windows, I'll finish that tomorrow. I'm not worried about flooding at the house, either storm surge or rainfall. The biggest concern is loss of power. My generator cannot handle the central A/C, could get uncomfortable. Don't be too surprised if I'm off the forum for a few days.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
They are now predicting a category 4 and its track is a bit west of us, which puts us on the wet side. We'll evacuate to relative's in the Dallas Texas area, leaving tonight. Don't expect me to post anything until maybe next Wednesday. It depends on how long the power is out.
Thoughts and prayers bro

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
They are now predicting a category 4 and its track is a bit west of us, which puts us on the wet side. We'll evacuate to relative's in the Dallas Texas area, leaving tonight. Don't expect me to post anything until maybe next Wednesday. It depends on how long the power is out.

sounds like a good call. :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
20 inches of rain and 15-foot storm surge possible -- Hurricane Ida

The Weather Service map in the article shows the effects beginning about 1pm, tomorrow. (Katrina anniversary?) It also shows the pesky little rainstorm currently making things difficult. NOLA has a Facebook page for those who would like to follow the news organization more closely.

Steve

Last edited:

Latest posts