If at first you don't succeed.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
It was a pleasant surprise yesterday when I noticed that the brown turkey fig tree is putting out a second crop of fruit. I am determined not to lose this crop so I moved the tree from the deck to the greenhouse. And, this time the tree has many more figs than the first crop we had this season. :)
jack

second crop.jpg

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yea, jackb! Looking good. The greenhouse should make a safer place for your figs to grow.

Mine were (typically) neglected and most of the figs fell off when the plant dried out. It's looking good again and I think there are tiny figs starting back up. I sure hope so.

This time I have plenty of time to watch and water. I am aiming to have water inside the sun room before September. That will be so much safer for an old lady than going up and down the unfinished steps from the house to the sun room toting pails of splashy water through the house.

THEN I plan to get my sun room suitably fixed for a three (maybe four) seasons sitting room. Might as well learn to relax and enjoy the benefits of all our hard work over the years.