If only it would do this every year

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I can't remember how long ago it was I planted this Dogwood but I've had it for many years, these pictures were taken in 2007, 10 years ago. It's much bigger now but I have never had a repeat performance of fall color like it did that year, I guess conditions have to be just right. If I remember correctly in 2007 we had a decent spring, a normal summer and a really nice fall. Warm days with that hint of freshness in the air, chilly nights and no rain to speak of.
DSCN0159.JPG DSCN0211.JPG
Pictures taken in May

But this really knocked my socks off, in October
DSCN2099.JPG DSCN2100.JPG
The actual color of the leaves, not enhanced, it never put on a show like this before 2007 or after. I keep hoping but I doubt if I'll ever see this again, weather is so erratic now we really don't get the four seasons anymore:(.

Annette

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's a perfectly beautiful tree Annette!
This was a good spring for the dogwoods around here. They were loaded with blooms, but I don't think I've ever seen one with such perfect fall color as yours.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My pink dog wood is only a year old. It still looks like a stick with leaves. LOL I cant wait for it to get bigger.

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I wonder if fertilizing will help with blooms? This year has been a year for many blooms. The fruit trees, muscadines, blackberries and elderberries bloomed and now are heavy with fruit.