I'm blaming it on spring

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just to be clear, winter is officially over, even though it's not too noticeable if you look outside. ( Here at my place. )
Since it's now spring and snowing ( !:/ ) I think this should be the new season to blame things on.

I mean, we can no longer blame winter for this right? Winter behaved the way it was supposed to. I expect spring to follow that good example and start acting like spring darn it!

I realize that most of you cannot commiserate, as you wipe the sweat off your brow and stoop to pull a wayward weed from your burgeoning garden.... :rolleyes: .

Sorry, just a little frustrated today.

...still defending winter...:p

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know what you mean. Even here in California, it's 41 degrees right now, warmest part of the day. Snow keeps on sneaking in during the night and not sticking. I want to stick some lettuce, pea, beet and chard seeds in the garden, but not when it gets freezing every other night still.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey thistle, remember me, the gal living in the land of sunshine.... Well, tonight we are going down to 19 degrees!! I barely left the house today- the wind chill was downright painful...Looks like another week of crap- and then spring. March came in like a lamb and is going out like a lion- there is definitely something wrong with that picture! Here's wishing for spring!

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am with you about the weather. Saturday and Sunday it was T-shirt weather then it snows all day today, and the rest of the week doesn't look much better! It really sucks when it stays light for a couple hours after you get home, but the weather is to cruddy to do anything besides make a mudhole. I hope this weather turns for the better soon, I've got cabin fever.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's only 2,000 feet here, but I am surrounded by 6,000 foot snowy mountains, and this is a true basin. Cold air sinks... But, I have a good sized lake 200 feet away moderating that. All in all, very unusual for a zone 8 climate right here. Actually better than soda creek on the other side of the hill.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, just remmbered an unusual thing I saw on a high resolution usda zone map. About 4 miles southwest from where I live as the Raven flies, there is a spot about 10 acres in size on a south facing slope near the Eel River that is zone 9. I kind of want to take a hike there one time. It is rugged steep canyon type area there, but I'm curious what wildflowers I'll find there.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I understand the entire eastern seaboard will have a night of frigid temperatures!

Collector said:
I am with you about the weather. Saturday and Sunday it was T-shirt weather . . .
It is all in what you are used to, Collector. I imagine someone in Florida might not think that a high of 49 on Saturday & 62F on Sunday would be t-shirt weather ;).

Thistle' if you were outdoors working all day today, you have my sympathy!

Hey Marshall, I used to innertube on the Eel River. Back on the few days it would be warm enuf along the North Pacific coast to do that sort of thing :rolleyes:. Dang! Seems like that sunny, pleasant 62 y'day was just a dream . . . It has probably been miserably cold my entire life!!

Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well I'm about 50 miles inland from the coast. Straight east of Willits, straight north of Clear Lake. Some folks do tube the Eel from all the way up here, but I'd think to tube all the way to the coast from here, including the rapids and assorted rough stuff, whooooooooo! In summer you'd start here with it being 95 degrees. Couple days later when ya made it to the coast it'd be 55 degrees. Amazing how cool summers are right at the coast in Northern California!

Latest posts