"I'm so pleased"

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow Hi there,everyone! :frow

I'm so pleased that the organisation that I do volunteer work for has just raised this amount of money at a book auction. I work in our local Oxfam Bookshop & we are always on the lookout for valuable books that can be sent to auction to help raise money to help needy people world-wide in times of crisis. Here are a couple of articles about the auction:

http://www.oxfordtimes.co.uk/news/4441663.Book_auction_nets___20_000_for_Oxfam/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/oxfordshire/8104716.stm

It makes me feel very proud to be able to play a tiny part in this large organisation. It does such good work. :thumbsup

:rose Hattie :rose

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You should feel good to work for people like that! The world should have more people and companies (big and small) who do this kind of thing!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
My son asks for Christmas gifts of vegetable seeds sent in his name to families in poor areas of the world. That's part of my little charitable efforts . . .

I should "turn the tables" on him for Fathers Day and ask him to do the same. I'm sure that Hattie would approve ;).

Steve

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
:thumbsup Ms Hattie :rose :clap Good Work and it gives a good feeling :clap

:thumbsup Nice idea Digits :clap and Good for your Boy :woot

DH & I Grow the donated seeds for the Counties Community Garden Program and donated tomato plants as well. This way they have many veggie plants for the Community Gardens and the folks that work them to have produce. He has also taken 3 flats of tomato plants to the local food room to give plants to familes that wish to have them when they pick up their monthly aloted groceries. Both of these programs assist those with low income , elderly and those living on fixed incomes. We may not be world wide but we help in our little corner of the world :coolsun

Everyone doing a part makes the world better in all areas :rainbow-sun

:happy_flower Karan :D

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow :frow

Good for you & DH -- It's important to do things for people near at hand as well as those far away. :clap :clap

We must ALL try to care for each other wherever & whenever we can -- it is very important for civilization (in the real sense of the word). We can ALL DO SOMETHING. :D Little acts of kindness ADD UP. We all need to give & receive. :thumbsup

I feel I do so little -- JUST one morning every week. It's a morning I enjoy & look forward to because the people I work with are interesting, articulate, intelligent,funny & caring people -- what more do you want......?? It makes me happy. :ya

Lots of :bouquet :bouquet :bouquet to everyone who cares. :hugs

:rose Hattie :rose