Installed a fence charger in the greenhouse~

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Kangaroo Rats and mice even a rabbit have gotten inside the fenced area where the garden and the greenhouse are. I've installed a Charger to fry their little bums. This charger will knock a bear and will kill a rodent. We've gotten hit with this and it hurts, I'm here to tell you.

Charger output is measured in Joules this on will cover 30-50miles. And will put out in excess of 15 joules.

The rodents were mowing down what I moved from the green house to the garden rows, even getting into the greenhouse~caught a good number of them in traps. This I hope will even the playing field.

It hits from a low of 15.3- 15.7

Attachments

• IMG_2499.JPG
    IMG_2499.JPG
    186.1 KB · Views: 197

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That's a good one.
I just went to solar model a year or so ago. It's on a short run of about 1000' that it was going to be hard to get wire from the main charger to.

THANX RICH

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I feel your pain Valley and I love me a good hot wire! When rodents destroy what you've worked hard to grow it can be infuriating.

I have been warring with the large Bambi rodents at a few of my in town jobs. I finally installed an electric fence around a cutting garden I created for a client. The next time I was there I saw where a deer had climbed partway through the three wire enclosure. There were some very deep scrambly hoof prints on the outside of the fence when she threw it in reverse. Made my day! Did a happy dance on the spot, and the garden is thriving with not so much as a nibble since then. Yay for hot wires! :weee

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I feel your pain Valley and I love me a good hot wire! When rodents destroy what you've worked hard to grow it can be infuriating.

I have been warring with the large Bambi rodents at a few of my in town jobs. I finally installed an electric fence around a cutting garden I created for a client. The next time I was there I saw where a deer had climbed partway through the three wire enclosure. There were some very deep scrambly hoof prints on the outside of the fence when she threw it in reverse. Made my day! Did a happy dance on the spot, and the garden is thriving with not so much as a nibble since then. Yay for hot wires! :weee
Just wait untill your city slicker homeowner goes to the garden with a glass of wine to enjoy the flowers, touches the wire and .... :eek: :th

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah, that would make me unpopular!

They aren't in residence yet, they are only at this house for three summer months, so if they like I'll take the fence down while they're there. I'm hoping they don't mind the looks, because I'm really enjoying not getting heartburn from the deer eating every stinking plant I put in there. It's sort of out of the way and you'd have to try hard to casually touch the wire.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Well, I have a short in the wire, somewhere, haven't been able to find it~been gone~try to find it again tomorrow~daughter said she'd help.
If it were just the charge jumping to ground I'd be able to see it at night and hear the snap, but this is a dead short, Yerani think finding it won't be hard.

Fried rat aught not be bad~Shrek cook up a mean swamp rat.

Last edited:

Latest posts