Introduction : Sam the Yam

Sam The Yam

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hello, just wanted to introduce myself as a new member to this forum. I live in sunny Arizona, I am a father of 5, a grandfather to the next "Gerber" baby, I enjoy gardening, raising chickens, and other hobbies including decorating fun theme cakes. I just recent started a garden in a new spot in my yard (the chicken compound took over the other garden spot), and am anxious to see how it will do. It's not large but will do for now. I am building a picket fence around it and will post a picture when I get it done and things get growing. I look forward to learning more about gardening from this website.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome, welcome!! You will love this site and it sounds like you have a lot to offer, as well. Can't wait to see your garden pics (don't forget the chickens and the "gerber" baby! Enjoy!

Sam The Yam

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Well, here's the Gerber Baby:
6509_img_6475.jpg

And here are some of my chickens:
6509_img_0978.jpg

I will post some garden pictures when it gets going more..
Thanks!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh you are so right- that baby is darling. What a cute little face!! The chickens look great, as well. Whenever I see other peoples chickens, I always regret getting only RIR's. Love to see all the colors! Looking forward to garden pics!

Sam The Yam

Leafing Out
Reaction score
injunjoe said:
Welcome to the board.

What 'cha got growing in your new garden?
I just planted a fall garden so right now I just have tomatoes, swiss chard (my chickens favorite), and some squash. I don't have alot of space to plant, I may figure out some container gardens. Thanks.

Sam The Yam

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I absolutely love this picture. He is almost 6 months old and we can't wait to see him again. His mom and dad are both going to school at BYU in Provo UT.

6509_september_13_2009_upload_001.jpg

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Love the gerber baby and Provo is such a nice family friendly place. So wonderful that they get to grow up in such an environment.

Latest posts