is anyone else as frustrated as i am?

lupinfarm

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
i want to plant by seed straight in the soil but i can't do that until may and it snowed all week! gaahhh this whole spring thing is so frustrating. i was supposed to plant my baby spinach seeds this week but the snow kind of got in the way!

who's feeling the pain as well?

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This probably won't make you feel much better, but I felt pretty frustrated the last few weeks, because our spring was later than usual in arriving. We finally got some warm weather, but the weird thing is it was more like summer weather than spring weather. :/

Hang in there! Spring is coming.

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
the warm weather comes in and you get a craving to plant but then when to try to the cold comes back. Spring will make its way dont worry!!;)

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Enjoy the leisure while you have it... once planting season arrives you will think longingly of not being able to do anything ;)

Pat

CARS

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Ya. I had alot of stuff started and some even planted at this time last year.
There is no sense rushing it though. My ground is workable but the soil temp is so low yet that the seeds would sit and rot. I think last Saturdays snow fall will be the last but next week is highs in the low 50's and rainy.

As a side note: I am glad I was smart enough to not order my chicks at the end of March like I usually do. I was just trying to save a few bucks not heating the brooder as much but the way things are going with the temperature this spring I am saving A TON of energy!!!

lupinfarm

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Haha.. Well I got to plant potatoes today and onions yesterday, though something has already discovered the onions and i'm going to have to chicken-wire hoop them. I'm having to do this by hand, all my furrowing, etc. is getting done with a soil breaker thingy, rake, and a hoe LOL. I've got 4 rows down, two potato and two onion (red and white both).

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
before we get spring we get mud season...cant work in the soil until it dries...snow patches still under trees but melting...just got my seed potatoes from Johnny's today... hope we have some warm sunny days next week to help dry it out so I can get them planted...