Is this a faux pas?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some of you take the most amazing pictures!
Would it be a forum no-no to save some of them and have them printed out to display in my home?
Naturally, I'd ask first!

You know what? We need a TEG calendar!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
anyone can take any of my pictures for personal use, but if you really want to do that you can ask me and i'll be happy to send you a full resolution copy instead which can be edited/printed. the copies i put on the website are thumbnails and often i have a link on a page to a larger version for those who want to zoom in more.

i'm just glad people enjoy them or find them useful...

for commercial use, no, nobody should be doing that without asking. it's not like i make any money from my website, but nobody else should either...

that all said, who'd know?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
anyone can take any of my pictures for personal use, but if you really want to do that you can ask me and i'll be happy to send you a full resolution copy instead which can be edited/printed. the copies i put on the website are thumbnails and often i have a link on a page to a larger version for those who want to zoom in more.

i'm just glad people enjoy them or find them useful...

for commercial use, no, nobody should be doing that without asking. it's not like i make any money from my website, but nobody else should either...

that all said, who'd know?

Thank you, I'll probably be contacting you about some picts.
As far as 'who'd know"? - I'd know and every time I saw the picture, instead of enjoying the beauty of it I'd be feeling guilty for sneaking it from a friend. :(

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cane I believe unless photo has copyright mark you cam use. Like I tell my nephews and nieces carefuller what photos you put out you never know where they end up.

the mark is no longer required, but this does vary by country and if they've signed on to any of the wider treaties/conventions. the USoA doesn't require it.

as for the second part of your comment, to me that's just common sense... if i don't want the world to see it then it doesn't exist in any form on-line or even a copy on my own computer.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some of you take the most amazing pictures!
Would it be a forum no-no to save some of them and have them printed out to display in my home?
Naturally, I'd ask first!

You know what? We need a TEG calendar!

Have asked to get a teg calendar made, The response was .... no

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have asked to get a teg calendar made, The response was .... no

They do a chicken calendar. There are not enough of us on this gardening forum to make it worthwhile. A business decision.

Cane, ethics and legality are often two different things. Some people need threats to make them do the right thing, people like you do it naturally. Besides, it is just good manners.

Let us know which ones you choose. It should make for pleasant viewing.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
While you can not use any trade mark identification on calendar, you can make one and use the pix with approval of originator of pix.

Then you can post that you have the calendar to download or give (donations in $$$ to offset costs).

(I’d suggest downloadable and let people print their own. Many different formats out there.)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think that legally,

the TEG photos belong to Nifty.

That said,

I have already stolen one from him!

Yep, think back before the format change ..

... ... remember this one?

tools-gif.21732

Sticky digitS' :D

Latest posts