Is this greenhouse any good?

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
So the green color is good to help stop infrared which plants do not care for and reflect to cool themselves. Call it a shade house, useful here in the south where summer heat causes damage. Its even ready to mist water upon it with that covering. It depends on your needs too.

Missa@4949

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Douglasville pa beeks county zone 6 I think
So the green color is good to help stop infrared which plants do not care for and reflect to cool themselves. Call it a shade house, useful here in the south where summer heat causes damage. Its even ready to mist water upon it with that covering. It depends on your needs too.
The humidity can get up there when it wants to up her I'm in southeastern pa

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I don't have much room in the house that's why I want to go with a greenhouse
You are in USDA grow zone 6 temps dipping into the -10f range once in a while. That tent is not what you are gonna want I suspect. You could make a better one out of cheap pvc pipe and multiple spaced layers of clear plastic. At a latitude of 40 degrees the sun gets thin in the fall so you need more light than less. I am at 33 Lat and its hard to grow warm season plants in the fall already, and your sun is lower in the sky than mine. Also we rarely get down to 10f anymore. Zone 8a here

Missa@4949

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Douglasville pa beeks county zone 6 I think
You are in USDA grow zone 6 temps dipping into the -10f range once in a while. That tent is not what you are gonna want I suspect. You could make a better one out of cheap pvc pipe and multiple spaced layers of clear plastic. At a latitude of 40 degrees the sun gets thin in the fall so you need more light than less. I am at 33 Lat and its hard to grow warm season plants in the fall already, and your sun is lower in the sky than mine. Also we rarely get down to 10f anymore. Zone 8a here
Bad part is it's within my budget I wanted to also make something work with heat and extra lighting and find a way to add to it

Latest posts