It's a good day/life

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Saturday AM, sitting out on porch, sun is up, drinking hot tea. Quiet, looking at garden planning on what I wanted to get accomplished. 7' away is lone rooster, next chair is brat-fixed tom cat (long haired blue with white paws and chest, and male dog. Everyone is at peace.

So what is one of your favorite moments.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Too many to list and they happen every day! :love Like today...perfect weather and I mean PERFECT~70s, balmy, blue sky with huge puffy white clouds, honeysuckle on the breeze, butterflies doing mating flights, green soft grass with animals all lounging about on it. Listening to good preaching, feet up and feeling the peace all around.

We take a tour of the garden and orchard, noting how lovely everything is doing~peas are huge and healthy, apple trees are showing good apple growth, peach trees are loaded and flowers are blooming. Mama and chicks on the land, two more on clutches of eggs, the rest moving or lying in the grass. Bluebirds fly up to feed their young and it's like a piece of the sky has fallen to Earth for a moment.

Then we took a drive on a back road to visit my old Uncle Jim...he turns 80 tomorrow, my only living uncle. Sat out on his porch just feeling the breeze, watching the bass jump in his pond and visiting until the sun was almost down. As we drive over that old ridge road we start hearing the whippoorwills singing...close! All the sudden there are two in the dirt road and another flying up...we drive up so close we can see her singing her song and she's not moving out of that road. I finally turn off our lights so she will move along.

We have so many moments like this that it's like one long, good moment all life long. :love We are blessed to the max! :celebrate

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Saturday AM, sitting out on porch, sun is up, drinking hot tea. Quiet, looking at garden planning on what I wanted to get accomplished. 7' away is lone rooster, next chair is brat-fixed tom cat (long haired blue with white paws and chest, and male dog. Everyone is at peace.

So what is one of your favorite moments.

I just realized there were no female anythings to disturb your peace...

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Any time spent with the children and Grandchildren. Peace and quit so we can listen to the pond and birds.