It's the little things..

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am SOOO EXCITED!!! I just got a recipe for 'Cream of Anything' soup - which means that I never have to buy another can of 'cream of... ' soup again!!
This is a game changer for me!

It doesn't take much to MAKE MY DAY!

:ya:ya

Now I just have to figure out if I can freeze this stuff or if I have to make it fresh every time.... anyone want to guess???
cream of anything.jpg

Last edited:

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
HAHAHA - no SERIOUSLY! :oops:
I was RAISED on food that came out of a can or a box. The only thing I ever saw being made 'fresh' was hamburger being browned to go into hamburger helper. OH, and eggs. "Salad" for us was a leaf of iceberg with a half pear on it, a spoonful of mayo in the 'hole' and shredded cheese sprinkled on top. (And the lettuce leaf was there to keep the pear from sliding around.. you weren't supposed to EAT it).
For a LONG time after moving out on my own I cooked what I had grown up with. It was what I knew.
I have come a long, long way in the past 10 years or so. And I keep coming across these little things that - simply - rock my cooking world. :celebrate

SO - do you think I can make up a BUNCH of this and freeze it in roughly '1 can' amounts??? Or will it be all gross when it thaws??

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like simple things like this.

There is often a great variety that can be successfully accomplished if you don't paint yourself too much into a corner with a recipe.

We are baking veggie breads, today. Really, it's just a very simple bread recipe. The amount of vegetable puree added isn't much more than what is needed for color. The loaves of bread will be fine but it's mostly an exercise to see what we are capable of for Christmas dinner with these winter colds.

Steve

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
My concern with freezing it is that the butter would separate out. I don't think that would hurt it from a safety aspect but it may not be very appetizing.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah, I think it will separate a bit. There will be some wateriness separate out. But since it doesn't need to be pretty, you could just stir it back together. I have frozen potato soup (and I add a little flour for thickening). I never felt it hurt the texture though. Maybe just do a small batch first, see what you think.

Latest posts