Japanese beetle

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ok yall..... what do YOU do about these things?
jbs.jpg

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cuss, cry, throw a hissy fit. I like them about as much as I like TICKS and Ants..... We have resorted to seven dust. Not much help. Best to get out at dusk or early a.m. when they are gathered on the plants and knock them into a pail of soapy water. The traps just seem to lure more into the yard. :barnie

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ok yall..... what do YOU do about these things?
View attachment 26852

pick them off early in the morning, drop them in water that has a drop of soap in it so they'll drown, then after they're drowned i toss them at the end of the driveway where the birds eat them - hoping to train the birds to eat the live ones... not sure it's working... :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cuss, cry, throw a hissy fit. I like them about as much as I like TICKS and Ants..... We have resorted to seven dust. Not much help. Best to get out at dusk or early a.m. when they are gathered on the plants and knock them into a pail of soapy water. The traps just seem to lure more into the yard. :barnie

if you do use traps you are supposed to place them away from things you'd want to protect. i've never bothered. with all the wild grape vines they seem to congregate there so that is lure enough. a few years ago i had thousands of them on those vines and i could pull 50 a day off them and still find more. but if i didn't do that they'd eventually spread to the bean plants so it was easier to get them before they spread. last year it seemed like the population finally crashed as i didn't see many. this year i've removed half the wild grape vines so we'll see if they congregate back there again. we'll see... :)

Latest posts