Just in from the garden

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
After spending 2 1/2 days working in the gardens and yard I rewarded myself with a handful of flowers to arrange in the vase I picked up at a garage sale for $2 (It is a McCoy!)
016.JPG
026.JPG

Here is a double headed painted daisy I brought in with the rest.
008.JPG

This came up in a packet of wildflowers, The flower head is just about the width of a nickel. Anyone know what it is?
025.JPG

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
A look around the yard, too.
Here is a sunset coral peony, past it's prime. (I forgot to get a photo sooner.) 1st year to bloom and only ONE on the plant.
036.JPG

Some new Hosta I picked up at garage sales! Big divides for $5 each and smaller ones for $3 Cut down a tree that was struggling. Added a pot of annuals to top of stump.
038.JPG

The new Calla lily in a pot I bought end of season clearance last fall.
058.JPG
Wheelbarrow is starting to fill in. (And the Japanese Iris are in bloom.)
054.JPG

The flower bed in front corner is looking much better. (Getting so full!)
044.JPG

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
This came up in a packet of wildflowers, The flower head is just about the width of a nickel. Anyone know what it is?
An anemone?

Very nice, Carol :)!

I'm just in from the garden, also. There isn't anything flowering out there. I spread some fertilizer and tilled it in. DW put some melon plants in while I continued with the tilling. Could have finished despite the heat but broke a sheer pin. Back at it, tomorrow.

Steve

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol Dee, I LOVE your real McCoy! I used to collect those and found many of them at yard sales for cheap...folks didn't know what they had. Yours is particularly beautiful!

Your flowers are gorgeous!!! :love If you don't put that pic of the wheelbarrow in the POW, I'll just cry. :hit

Thank you for sharing these pics....they are so good I feel I could reach out and touch everything. :woot

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your yard and gardens are looking great. I really like the arrangement in the McCoy vase. Had a chance to buy some McCoy on Saturday but they wanted way to much, so I let them keep it.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol Dee, I LOVE your real McCoy! I used to collect those and found many of them at yard sales for cheap...folks didn't know what they had. Yours is particularly beautiful!

Your flowers are gorgeous!!! :love If you don't put that pic of the wheelbarrow in the POW, I'll just cry. :hit

Thank you for sharing these pics....they are so good I feel I could reach out and touch everything. :woot
Don't cry Bee I will add it to the POW thread. ;)