Kale chips

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I made some kale chips the other day using my dinosaur kale. One batch I flavored with Himalayan salt, and the other batch I used parmesan cheese. They were ok. I didn't like how they just went everywhere in your mouth right before you swallowed them.

I picked my granddaughter up from school and as we came back in the house, it smelled funny. It smelled like someone had really cut a doozy. She was behind me, so I know it wasn't her. Later, when DH came in, he said it smelled like a dead rat was in the kitchen.

The smell test doesn't bode well for the kale chips. DH tried them, said they were ok. Granddaughter tried them and liked them until she went to swallow them. She said the taste changed and had to spit it out.

Oh well, the chickens like kale. :)

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
:yuckyuck LOL! Aw seedcorn, they aren't that bad. I ate a few more today. Funny thing is, they sure are green going in, and even greener coming out.

@Nyboy ~ My chickens love kale & cabbage. They do not like spinach.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have you ever eaten cardboard? It’s not that bad either and full of fiber to cleanse your system. Adapts to all seasonings that you put on it..... ;)

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
No, I don't think so. Looks a little thick for me to chew on, but sounds like it has a lot of roughage which is a good thang. :)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wonder if you could puree them with something that tasted good or smelled better? Maybe mix with cardboard for @seedcorn, toast lightly and send him a sack full! :p

Latest posts