Kale & Radish recipes

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
So I planted kale, radishes and beets because I was so psyched that the garden store had cool weather crop seeds. I don't think I've ever really eaten any of them, but I couldn't pass up the chance to grow some stuff in the fall. The beets didn't come up, but I have a bunch of kale & radishes. Does anyone have any good recipes?

me&thegals

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Enjoy! I also make quiches all the time with kale. Fry with onions and garlic. Mix together with some salt and pepper, 6 eggs, 1 cup milk. Dump in pie crust. Top with 1 cup cheese. Bake at 350 about 40 min

Homemade Kale Chipssuper easy
Wash and dry the kale. Rip it into bite-sized pieces. Place in a bowl and toss with olive or canola oil and salt. Spread it on a baking sheet and bake in a 300 oven until crispy.

Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana
1 cups sausage links, spicy
cup diced onions
6 slices bacon
2 t minced garlic
2 T chicken stock (about 6 cubes)
1 quart water
2 medium potatoes, cut in half, then slices
4 cups kale (or spinach), cut in half and then sliced
1/3 cup heavy cream

Fry sausage in slices. Cook onions and bacon over medium heat until onions are almost clear. Add garlic and cook additional 1 min. Add chicken base, water and potatoes. Simmer 15 min. Add sausage, kale and cream. Simmer 4 min. Serve.

me&thegals

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
One more: 7-layer salad with kale mixed in with lettuce and a nice heavy layer of sliced radishes for one of the 7 layers!

FarmerDenise

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Here is one I grew up with and love.

Ingredients:
Kale
Potatoes
Smokey Sausage links
Garlic

Fill a pot up with chopped up kale, cook until tender
Fill another pot up with cut up potatoes, cook until tender. About equal parts of both.
Drain both, reserving about 1/2 of the potato liquid. Return potatoes to reserved liquid. Mash potatoes up a bit.
Add kale to potato mixture.
Add a good mess of smokey sausage links and chopped garlic. We like lots of garlic. Simmer until heated through and consistency is like liquidy mashed potatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Makes a wonderfull winter stew. I like it with a dollop of grey poupon style mustard, British mustard or German mustard.

By the way the taste of kale improves after it has gone through a light frost.

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Radish Soup ! (I found this and tried it once. I plan to have it again, especially if I get sick this winter). It is a lot tastier than it may sound. I was afraid to try it even though it sounded good, so I was impressed with it.

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
Enjoy! I also make quiches all the time with kale. Fry with onions and garlic. Mix together with some salt and pepper, 6 eggs, 1 cup milk. Dump in pie crust. Top with 1 cup cheese. Bake at 350 about 40 min
We've got a ton of eggs to use, so this is perfect!

Maybe Fraggle recipes will get my nieces & nephews to eat some radishes. They had a lot of fun pulling them up, but weren't interested in eating any of them.

Latest posts