Keeping Cats out of Roses.

Presto

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hi, I am posting this for mum in law. She still does not know how to use the computer :rolleyes: lol...I call her Mum :)
Mummy Dearest has 7 cats & BIG beautiful garden with a pond, Her cats keep peeing in were the roses are & they have killed them, is there anything naturally to use to keep them out of there? Something that does not have to be re-applyed all the time?
thanks a bunch.

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Some people put chickenwire horizontally, supported 6-10" above the soil on sticks or whatever, and feel it's helpful. It'd look funny close up but from a distance you can't really see it.

There is also a patented cultivar of Plectranthus, I believe it's sold as the "Piss-Off Plant"? (Let's see whether that first word there gets thru the auto-censor, lol) It *supposedly* has a smell that repels cats. You'd plant it at intervals around the rose garden. It is not hardy though, which might be a problem when the cats are let out into the garden during the colder part of the year.

There are also plastic-spiked mesh 'mats' you can buy that people claim work, but to protect a whole rose garden would be reeeeeaaalll expensive I fear.

Good luck,

Pat

Presto

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thank you Pat, I looked some stuff up online too, I appreciate you taking the time, Have a great day!
LoriAnn

Latest posts