Key Lime Tree

franko

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I bought a Key Lime Tree today from the nursery in Port Lavaca for $28.00. It is a beauty. It's about three and a Half feet tall and has small limes the size of BB's on it. It's in a black plastic bucket. Any help on getting this tree started would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Franko

sgtsheart

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Franko,
Where are you located? That will have alot to do with how you take care of a citrus tree.

Txchikngardners

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Learn from my lesson: let it live the first year in the bucket it lives in now. I think it needs to adjust to your growing environment and watering habits.

Our mistake - transplanting. All of the fruit fell off within the first month and hasn't had blooms mature to fruit since. :barnie

Good luck
Brenda

franko

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I live in Port O'Connor during the winter. It's south of Houston about a 125 miles. What about fertilizer? The girl where I bought it didn't know much about them. In the buckit it will stay. Thanks Franko

Txchikngardners

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Yeah, we know where Port O'Connor is - ya'll had a hurricane run DH out of fishing there a few years ago. I was on mission trip in Harlingen and he was on fishing trip - ha! he had to come home :gig

The old timers here swear by 'cotton seed meal' but I haven't tried it yet. Do plan to fertilize with it this year, though - soon as I can locate some :hu

Brenda

Latest posts