Kombucha tea and fermented vegetables

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have 4 quarts of cabbage fermenting with a culture named Kinetic Culture. I never used a culture for vegetables and I have not made kombucha tea for about 10 years or so and today I have 3 gallons going. I have been buying it now and then for $6 a gallon from a lady at church, but DD and her psoriasis and blood work results, she wants to drink it and her future husband. I brought in an ice chest that holds 3 gallons, bought a seed mat with a thermostat, brought in my gallon jars from the garage, bought some organic green tea and I have some organic black currant, so 2 gallons of green and 1 gallon of black currant. I also bought a couple of those thermometers you put on fish tanks. All excited and happy about this and the vegetables I am going to use other things besides just cabbage eventually with a herbs, peppers, and recipe on website even has sweet potatoes in it.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are you using the Kinetic culture for your kombucha too? I have not heard of it. Apparently you have to keep it warmer than regular kombucha?

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are you using the Kinetic culture for your kombucha too? I have not heard of it. Apparently you have to keep it warmer than regular kombucha?

No, kombucha I use tea, sugar, and when cooled, a cup of already made kombucha and a mother mushroom. I never heard of using a culture for kombucha.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I gave 1 quart of the cabbage to a friend and she loved it. We have 1 quart left and next week I will start more. I finally got all my tea figured out and have had 4 gallons finished and 4 more going. DD had her blood work retested and it came back normal. They think the first tests being abnormal were because she had a sinus infection the week of the first blood test. No idea, but she is okay and we have lots of tea and everybody is drinking it and happy with it so far. I have some doing second ferment with elderberry juice.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, DH and DD are drinking kombucha tea. DH had psoriasis on his elbows and arms, and both knees. It is now GONE. Other than one knee still is not totally cleared up. DD had a spot on the back of her neck. When she went to the doctor they told her it was psoriasis. She had that spot for over 2 years and it is GONE. I would give credit to the sauerkraut, but she really did not eat that much of it and she thinks it is the kombucha. DH and I are eating the sauerkraut and very hard to get DS to eat it, but he drinks the tea. The only other thing DD did was start taking vitamin D3, but DH hasn't really been taking his regularly. I am going to do a second ferment pineapple kombucha today. I have been making 4 gallons of tea a week and DB is drinking a lot and DD's future DH, my future son-in-law.
001.JPG

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Richard, you can still start your own again from Synergy brand kombucha, if you have anyplace around you to buy it. Sometimes I can find it at Walmart. I have gotten out of the habit of making and drinking kombucha. Need to get back to it again.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pineapple juice and ginger is a really tasty combination. Someone here told me about it. Now it is my favorite. We put frozen berries in ours too.

As much as I like to do a second ferment, I think I am going to buy a much larger container and start doing a continuous brew. Too many times I forget to check it and have let it get too vinegary.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I saw recipes with ginger/pineapple and I almost bought some ginger. I may try that. They have a kind of kombucha on tap at a grocery store here and have little cups, empty bottles and you can taste test and fill your own bottle. They have a lemon/ginger that is pretty good. I have been making myself do it on time because years ago I would do that and let it go too long and I made up my mind I want this to be good and I am running everybody out of the kitchen on day 7. I put sweetened elderberry juice for a second ferment and it was good. I might try some blackberry and used frozen berries. I really like just plain kombucha, so only did this because for some reason I am craving pineapple and it looks so refreshing.

Latest posts