Labels With Teeny Tiny Writting

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just picked up a tree and shrub systemic drench. All I can read is Keep out of reach of children Caution. Every thing under that is micro . Time for eye exam.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
or a legally blind friend of mine keeps a small magnifier on him to help. with some smart phones you can get apps that use the camera to capture the print & enlarge it for better reading. or just use the camera to get the pic. my hands may not be as steady as they were so it doesn't always work for me. i'm nearsighted so just taking off my glasses is good enough for me to read very small print.

the true eye test would be to pull out your insurance card & see if you can read all the print they put on them. most common complaint i hear where i work when members call us for benefits.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just pointed out to DW that there was a Robin in the walnut tree across the road. I ask her, "Can you see it from where you are - in the nearer tree?" After a moment, "Can you see it?"

"I can see it. It's the one with the red breast."

? I am basing ID entirely on shape. No way that I can recognize the color. I won't see the ripe cherries in the tree 150 feet away. She will!

I got so lucky with my vision. I was the nearsighted kid who could read a book without glasses but couldn't see what the teacher wrote on the blackboard from the back of the room. And, I was always stuck back there because I was tall. Then about 40, I couldn't see anything closer than my dinner plate on the table AND I couldn't see anything further away! Bifocals were needed.

After 25 years of wearing bifocals, the eye doctor says, "your prescription is way to strong." Another 5 years I'm back with the story, "I can drive better and watch teevee better without the glasses than with them!" After the test, he says, "I can certainly see why!" My vision is completely the opposite of what it was when I was a kid! I need reading glasses even at dinner but I can see the blackboard with no need for bifocals!

And, I still don't have good enough color vision to see ripe cherries in my neighbor's yard.

digitS'
who once bluffed his way through a floral career

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have one eye for driving (better than 20-20) and one eye for reading. As I get older my reading eye requires longer arms but lucky me, that wonderful thing -- the brain -- has seeing all worked out for me.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I keep a pair of drug store readers next to the bed and have the guide on the TV set so big I can only see 3 options at a time. There are a pair of them in the bathroom - because of those stupid itty bitty labels, 2 pair in the den - because I was NEVER sitting next to the table they were sitting on. A pair hanging in the mini blind cord in the kitchen.. again.. labels...

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I love my Dollar Tree readers. DH pestered me to have an eye exam last year and we spent way too much money on real glasses (as DH calls them) but I hate them and rarely wear them. Only when I've lost my DT glasses, lol. DH just doesn't understand I don't need glasses except for close up work because he and one of my sons are practically blind without theirs.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm with you on the ridiculous small print.

And now in the spirit of derailment that we all live for :p lets gripe about packaging....what the heck is up with that? I tell my husband to stay fit because we will surely starve to death when I'm called upon to open a package of something...(can't think of anything off the top of my head, but you know what I mean).

Packaging in general is impervious to the normal human being able to "tear on this line". If you don't carry your Bowie knife strapped to your leg you're in for a frustrating 10 minutes of wrestling. And I'm just talking about those string cheese sticks that I take for my lunch. I guess it must be building character or something.

Latest posts