Ladybugs?!

me&thegals

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Definitely not June bugs. Those suckers could take an eye out if you hit one while biking! The Japanese beetles (I guess it would be best to Google them) are incredibly prolific, constantly mating or chewing. They are about the size of... hmmm..... hard to compare. How about 6 Asian beetles in a pile? Much smaller than a June bug. But, they eat EVERYthing! And they are incredibly long lived... I predict them to be our next bug scourge :(

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
Definitely not June bugs. Those suckers could take an eye out if you hit one while biking! The Japanese beetles (I guess it would be best to Google them) are incredibly prolific, constantly mating or chewing. They are about the size of... hmmm..... hard to compare. How about 6 Asian beetles in a pile? Much smaller than a June bug. But, they eat EVERYthing! And they are incredibly long lived... I predict them to be our next bug scourge :(
I see these suckers on my back porch regularly. They are always on my hibiscus shrubs, hydrangeas, and petunia's. They've destroyed my mother's roses for years.

I always find them tummy up on the porch and sidewalk and we squish them quickly. They are by far the WORST bug I've encountered since my move. Definitely a Japanese beetle....

Did I mention how LOUD they buzz... its obnoxious, but lets you know to DUCK quickly!!!! :lol:

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Last year was the first time I did not get inudated with bugs thanks to 4 little bantum chickens who ate and ate and ate... you have make some kind of protection for young veggies but honestly I had very little weeds and no squash, Japanise, asparagas or Koren bettles no ear wigs or spiders and they put a big dent in my ant infestation

me&thegals

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
This is something I keep tossing around and just don't get going on. I would like to build some sort of protected area to entrap my chickens on well-established garden beds. Any ideas out there? I'm an organic grower, but the time spent handpicking some of these bugs is getting outlandish (well, it was last year anyway). The pheromones used to trap Japanese beetles are also said to draw them from long distances, so....

Actually, I think I will go and start a new thread on this :)

Latest posts