Land O'Lakes neighbors feud over wandering peacocks!

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I was reading the paper and found this.
http://www.tampabay.com/news/humani...eighbors-feud-over-wandering-peacocks/1037607

I will post this on BYC but I thought I would post here also.
Sad what is this world coming to ripping out folks plants kill birds because "They stalk the sidewalks; they stalk the door,they get up on the car,up on your roof and you know,they drop feces. They're very loud, louder than a rooster." Barbara Wishart (bird hater)

"These peacocks were here before the houses were built. They aren't any bother: You just shoosh them and they go" Doris Yingst (good person).

Sad when people just get together and remove what belongs!

injunjoe

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I saw a segment on this neighborhood on CBS Sunday Morning this past summer. I can understand people not liking them, but being nasty to each other over something like that is ridiculous.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Another case where an imported bird is taking over the natural birds habitat.

If she didn't like peacocks, she shouldn't have moved there. They are beautiful birds but noisy and can be mean. They make guinneas seem quiet.

Glad it's their problem.

nittygrittydirtdigger

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
A nice picket fence would take care of keeping the peafowl out of that "lady's" yard. Maybe the neighbors can get together and help her erect one.

We have peafowl near here, and they are arrogant but beautiful. Everyone who drives that street knows they are there and that THEY OWN THE ROAD. They will NOT hurry to get out of the way of a vehicle, nor will they respond to a polite toot of the horn. They are quite lovely though, and worth the extra vigilance to drive safely along that street.

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
After they are rid of the Peas The Ducks will be next. They poop to!

Those Sandhill cranes can be nasty. Try to tell 5 of them you are just playing through! Who has the right of way here the cranes or the guy chasing the ball around the,once was woods, golf course?

"We must learn to live with nature not rid ourselves of it!" Said by injunjoe.

Latest posts