Lazy dogs~ think this true?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Chime in on this, Nyboy? I know all the dogs related to BULL are pretty slow and tend to move mostly when looking for another napping spot, but the others are not within my sphere of experience. I did have a girlfriend with a St. Bernard that seemed always getting dirty or getting her 11 siblings filthy all the time. Dog also spent most of the day outside making a mess of the small yard.

Her dad had a big family, but he drove a Renault. Just big enough for one man and his dog. I always thought that was funny. Now I think I understand his desire for a small car.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I did not read I can not stand the click to next every few sentences. I will say some of the biggest couch potatoes are the breeds designed for fast speed Sighthounds. Greyhound, borzoi, sulky whippet. Borzoi ( Russian wolfhound) was my 1st adult dog, she would sleep later then me and was always napping on couch. Take her to a field to run and no dogs could keep up with her. The retired racing greyhounds I have as clients are some of the lowest energy dogs in kennel. The highest are terriers with scent hounds. If you really want a large sweet low energy dog adopt a racing greyhound.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
It still depends upon each dog's personal make-up, though. My chocolate lab was all over the shelter, but once here at her forever home spent my outside time with her laying in the shade while I worked.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ok I looked over the, list who ever wrote it knows zero about dogs. It is a filler piece written by someone who might be a dog lover. @thistlebloom you are right that is a BMD puppy the black is give away. Pugs are very high energy, many are rehomed because of it. Havanese and Chihuahua may be come lazy when in their teens. Writer has a thing for the Bully breeds.

Latest posts