Leave Wildlife Alone

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is a large lake with park 2 blocks from me. Lake has a healthy population of turtles. 90% of the time you never see them. They do come out of the water to dig nest and lay eggs. Anyone who lives around the lake for any period of time has knows this. Last night a client tx me this is in my yard who do I call to remove. Leave it alone when done laying eggs will go back to water. Why do people think they need to " HELP" wildlife. They dont need or want your help leave them alone.
upload_2018-5-30_9-20-57.png

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
AGREE!
The fledging birds and fully furred baby rodents of all descriptions used to overwhelm us at the clinic every spring.
People were appalled when we told them to put it back where you found it.
Used to tickle me though - the complete dioramas they would put together before driving it 15mins to the clinic.... :rolleyes:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
took the girls for a walk nola was sniffing intensely, ava comes over, figured they found a pile of cat poop told them to stop walked over glad i yelled at them , it was a rabbit nest with very young ones in there.... got the girls back home went back out there with some fencing made a hoop and cut out openings for mom to come in and feed them.... since i have 2 rabbit haters. figured i would at least give them a fighting chance without disturbing the nest.....
since taking the photos have gone back out and made the hoop larger.....
IMG_1776.JPG

IMG_1777.JPG

have to keep an eye for my clan members.....

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
took the girls for a walk nola was sniffing intensely, ava comes over, figured they found a pile of cat poop told them to stop walked over glad i yelled at them , it was a rabbit nest with very young ones in there.... got the girls back home went back out there with some fencing made a hoop and cut out openings for mom to come in and feed them.... since i have 2 rabbit haters. figured i would at least give them a fighting chance without disturbing the nest.....
since taking the photos have gone back out and made the hoop larger.....
View attachment 26455
View attachment 26456
have to keep an eye for my clan members.....
I am going to bet it is not IN your garden!

Latest posts