Leaves falling off pepper plants

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
My husband is keeping some jalapeno peppers in my greenhouse. Recently, the otherwise healthy looking plants have started dropping their leaves. Does anyone know why they might be doing that?

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Look closely at the back of leaves to see if they have spider mites. Or mist with fine mist of water. You can see webs at joints.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
My husband is keeping some jalapeno peppers in my greenhouse. Recently, the otherwise healthy looking plants have started dropping their leaves. Does anyone know why they might be doing that?
Were they outdoors and brought in? Seems familiar to my memory-don't remember why.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
No, we have always kept them inside. I found no webs, nor do I see any bugs. I'll have to check again with a magnifying glass though. The peppers are popping out new leaves like this loss is nothing. They're so green...I wonder if its too much nitrates somehow?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
it could be they got temporarily stressed (heat or lack of water). any other plants in there showing signs of stress?

i've had newly transplanted pepper plants drop all their leaves when we had a frost warning and i covered all the plants with small buckets. they still all dropped leaves, but then they sprouted new ones and did fine the rest of the season. they seem to be fairly forgiving plants from other damage they've healed up from too... as long as it doesn't get too cold. :)

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
They did just get repotted into bigger pots. They weren't outside or anything, could getting transplanted alone stress them?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
They did just get repotted into bigger pots. They weren't outside or anything, could getting transplanted alone stress them?

yes it could have done it. if they're not still dropping leaves you're probably ok with them...

Latest posts