Like to Post Baby Pics

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here are some of mine :) :

DSC01118.JPG
Peppers close, basil in that row, flowers in window (snapdragons, asters & statice)
DSC01116.JPG
Onions in greenhouse (Ovation close, Walla Walla same flat, Red Devil left with Esteem, the corner of Tokyo bunching, Kyoto Kujo bunching far side of bench)

:D Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm not olde enough for cigars, @Smart Red !

All my tobacco purchases are in NYCity where retailers are not permitted to sell cigars to people like me.

:) Thank You.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Having not yet reached the age of majority, 21 in NYC, the babies and I will stay in the South Window unless there is a sunny day warming the greenhouse. That will be a good reason for a visit to a brighter location.

In and outs will have to end with the transplanting to 4- or 6-packs. I will try to be frugal, and bring those first flats of tomatoes and such back indoors with sunset but DW isn't very tolerant of me cluttering up the utility room with flats of plants and soil and where there is little sunlight.

I'll also be turning on the greenhouse furnace during cloudy days ... we will see how many of those we have this spring.

Steve

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Look'n great, Steve! Lots of onions! Do you ever snip them off? I buy onions as seedlings and they are usually snipped... not sure why though.

I tried to post some pics of my big turkeys the other day, it said my file was too large, I assume it was the big photo, not the big turkeys, :D... anyway, I will have to ding around with my camera and figure out how to take smaller photos. I think the site use to resize them automatically.. :hu

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those plants look sooo good, Mary!

Lavender, I upload photos all sorts of ways and just have a bare notion about what size TEG might want. If you are using a camera and moving the pictures into a PC, you can use Microsoft Paint to make simple changes. Paint must be with every Windows operating system.

You don't even need to count your pixels ... just tell Paint to resize it to 50%, or something. Save it - & you should be ready for a TEG upload!

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh ... shearing the onions.

I've only done that once. It seemed to really set them back.

I can have a couple of problems with onions. One is that starting them so early, lots of things can go wrong, weatherwise. The other problem is crowding the seed. I don't know that shearing them really fixes either problem.

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I forgot to bring my peppers and melon inside last night but they look fine. Our daytime temperature is 70° and our nighttime is 50°. I know my peppers are still kind of small and the melon just got it's second leaves. Peppers like hotter temperature but I don't mind if they just sulk for a while. Can I go ahead and plant them in the ground? It's a pain to be taking them out every day and bringing them back.

Mary

Latest posts