Little 'bout me

Chickchic

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thought seeing I am new HERE, I would post a bit about me. I am also from the BYC's, known there as smoky73 aka Cara.

Anyway, married to DH for 7 years next month, and we have raised chickens (and goats lol) for about 5.

I am originally from Rhode Island, but moved here to Colorado in 91 after getting out of school. I am a artist for fun, paintings, drawings, and starting to make jewelry soon.

I am not much of a gardener, I tire of it once it gets so hot, but thats because living here, with my fair skin, I can burn in 15 minutes, which is much different than living back home where I could be out all day. I get overheated easily.

I hated gardening, because of that and the weeds, I cannot weed to save my life but hubby can LOL.
However, I have discovered the fine art of putting weed barrier down first and then mulch over the top and whoohaa! No weeds. LMAO.

I have three areas this year I planted, one for 2 tomatoe plants, cukes, jalapenos and this year a few green beans. This area also permenately holds the rhubarb plants, also surrounded by weed barrier as I have managed to kill rhubarb in the past LOL.

I also have a area this year for just potatoes, and one where I did a few rows of sweet corn. Hopefully it will come up ok.

Oh and I also have two raspberry bushes I planted last year by the chicken coop.

I didnt plant squash or melons of any kind because frankly my neighbor did a massive amount last year.

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Welcome, ChickChic! :coolsun

Enjoy your garden this year, try to keep cool, and have fun with the jewelry; I enjoy making it when I find an extra minute! :)