Little Cado Dwarf Avocado Tree

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
On Chinese New Year's one of my families gave me a red envelope with $. I decided that we eat more avocados than pears so I replaced the pear tree with this little guy. It grows to about 10ft. and produces in 1-2yrs from planting. It is supposed to do well in our mild winters and is the best for backyard growers. It is already budding so I may get fruit this year! As for the pear tree, it is a 3 multi-graft that I paid only $7 and I'm sure will sell easily on cl.

IMG_0296.JPG IMG_0297.JPG

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cute cute cute! Are the avos going to be regular size like a Hass or Fuerte Mary, or are they going to be smaller?

And I know I'm a real joy killer, :( but I would pinch off all of those blooms so the trees energy goes into making roots.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cute cute cute! Are the avos going to be regular size like a Hass or Fuerte Mary, or are they going to be smaller?

And I know I'm a real joy killer, :( but I would pinch off all of those blooms so the trees energy goes into making roots.
NO!!!!!! Please, no. :hit I shouldn't have posted. :( lol

They are thin skinned, 10-12 oz. medium size. They are probably more like Fuerte. We prefer Hass but beggars can't be choosy. This is the only dwarf on the market.

Mary

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice Mary I always thought I didn't like avocado, then I had a sandwich smoked turkey with avocado, cucumber and chipotle mayo! Wow was it good. We both got dwarf fruit trees this week soul sister :celebrate

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's my fear too. There were tons of flowers last year and this year and they all fell off. Temps have to be at least 70 for the flowers to get pollinated and set. Our temperatures are usually 67. So it's very tricky.

One of them is twice the size of the others. One is still very tiny.

Mary

Latest posts