Looking for Thyme Seeds

tiffanyh

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have been searching for the low growing thyme seeds that are used as a durable ground cover. I have searched the web and found one source, but thought Id check here first.

Hmmm, can you even get thyme seeds from other people...???? I dont really know!

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Tiffany, here's a page that might help you. Richters Herbs is a great catalog resource for all things herbal. There are many others, as well, a web search will turn up all sorts of links.

I've always found it easier to use plants when dealing with thyme, they divide so easily and spread quickly.

peeps7

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I will be growing thyme in the spring but I'm sure you'll want seeds before then.

tiffanyh

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Peeps7
Can you ship plants? I can plant them for a few months and I NEVER see them here??

Sorry so many months went buy. Ive been obsessed with work and chickens!

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Richters is great. They are about 10 minutes from my house, neener neener, so I have no experience doing mail order from them but they have an excellent selection.

Pat

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
Richters is great. They are about 10 minutes from my house, neener neener, so I have no experience doing mail order from them but they have an excellent selection.

Pat
Ha! Pat, you're so lucky! We have some good herb growers down in the southeastern corner of the state, they're a full zone warmer than I am up here, but nothing on the scale of Richters. :rainbow-sun

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
yes, but on the other hand you are within driving distance of Logee's (if you care about house- or greenhouse plants), of which I am insanely jealous.

;)

Pat

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ah, but I'm going to surprise you - I have yet to get to Logee's. Joy Logee Martin was a longtime member of our herb society, and I met her many times before she died, but for some reason my mother (who is the tour director for us WRT gardening and herbs) has never arranged a trip that I could attend (not her fault, up til this past year I worked fulltime). I do hope to get there someday!

Latest posts