Love At 1st Sight

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have had my eye out for a pair of 18 century chairs. All that I liked where out of my price range, selling in the thousands. I saw a pair on CL seller claim 18 century french all original $250. My ex used to deal in 18 century french so forwarded him ad. He called me hard to tell from just photos but looked 18 century, HE DID THINK German rather then French and said they where a steal at that price. I called seller sure they where sold. I could not believe they where not sold, dealer said she blew engine on her truck and could not go to antique shows. I told her I wanted them and would pick up after work. I was planning on offering $200 But when I got to her home I could see how bad she need money, that $50 might of meant lights or phone not getting turned off. I am not crazy about needle point thing about using my grandmothers leopard coat to upholster them
upload_2018-12-20_8-29-16.png

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Keep the needlepoint! I used to needle point and those chairs represent hours and hours of hand work. They are beautiful. You should get them appraised with the needle point. If it doesn't add to the value, then put a leopard print on them. (Not the REAL leopard!) If it would hurt the value, then I guess learn to love the needle point. LOL LOL

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Keep the needlepoint! I used to needle point and those chairs represent hours and hours of hand work. They are beautiful. You should get them appraised with the needle point. If it doesn't add to the value, then put a leopard print on them. (Not the REAL leopard!) If it would hurt the value, then I guess learn to love the needle point. LOL LOL
Bay in the 1700 this type of needle point would have been done by serfs or childrens working in real sweat shop for pennies. Not a young lady sewing for the day she got married and had own home.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just me… but keep the chairs as they are and the coat as a coat! Putting coat on chairs you will lose the value of both! They look like a good investment. Keep looking for exactly what you want and you could easily flip these as they are. I think they are very pretty.

Latest posts