Love / Hate

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
When it comes to my Meyers Lemon trees I love them half a year and hate them half a year. In warm weather when moved outside they are so easy to take care of. They flower heavy and produce a juicy non sour Lemon. When weather starts turning cool they have to come inside thats when love turns to hate. Inside they need a grow light, even then they drop leaves like crazy. Some times I have a pot of sticks by spring. Do you have a plant you love/hate ?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I could pick a fruit ... like raspberries! I really like the smell of raspberries - but hate the seeds that stick between my teeth! Good thing they don't have that a lot of wonderful fragrance ;).

I could pick a veggie ... like cabbage! But, I only like cabbage (& sauerkraut). I really hate how aphids love them! They get between the leaves and by harvest, the plant can by horrible, as one bad leaf after another has to be peeled off!

I could pick a posie ... like petunias! Good thing that they don't last in a vase. And, they smell terrible - like horse poop! Picking off the spent flowers is a real pain because they stick to the fingers. Good thing they are related to tobacco, maybe it sets up an aversion.

;) Steve

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
If they cause me too much trouble, they get tossed to the compost before long. I gave up on overwintering my fig tree. I planted it outdoors and wished it well. It came back, but did not set fruit this summer. o_O

Now blueberries, there's a plant I love. You can nearly ignore them altogether and they will still give you berries.

Latest posts