Lowlife @#&^%*

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
For the 4 time in 10 years some low life dumped in my woods :barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie Today I discovered a full size nasty mattress and box spring right off the road in my woods. I have had washing machine. broken furniture, a hideous couch and scrape wood dumped. each time i have to pay someone to haul to dump anywhere from $75 to $150. After the 2nd time I complained to town hall, they put up a no dumping sign, which is useless. I am on a corner the road my address is busy even though landscaped I find beer bottles and McDonald trash, that I can just throw away. The other road is a side road no lights, I have left natural woods, across street is a Christmas tree farm. Because its dark and wooded some people feel it is ok to dump there.:he:he:he If i don't pay to have it hauled away it will drive me crazy every time I pass it. I really needed to rant :somad:somad:somad

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Happens in country all the time. Low life’s too cheap to pay for dump so “to the country we go”..... with cell phones, I’d turn them in if I could catch them...

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
people used to do a lot of that around here but now everyone in township pays trash hauling fee so you can put stuff out at the curb (including one big item a week like a mattress).

your trash pickup won't take bulky item? that's usually a part of the service even if they don't advertise it.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a large lot (about 1.25 acres) and the back lot is densely wooded. A new development was built behind me, there are 4 different neighbors now on my back lot line. During construction, the contractors started dumping large rocks & debris into my tree line... after some conversations with the foreman, that at least stopped. I continue to have issues with the new neighbors, who seem to consider my tree line to be a perfect place for their Christmas trees & yard debris. One even started cutting trees down from over my lot line, because they were shading his garden! :somad Had a few conversations with the offenders, most seem to be cooperative now... but they should have known better in the first place.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
This happens to my MIL and FIL a lot. The solution that ENDED all dumping was a fake camera.

There is a sign at the beginning of the road that says something like, "This road is under surveillance" and there is a realistic looking camera with a bright red light on it, It looks very realistic, and there has been no dumping there since.

Before that there'd be huge piles several times a year, and while this is before my time, I'm even told someone dumped a body there once :S

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Surprised someone hasn’t stolen the fake camera or sign already

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy , you shotgun and string might work for this also lol. There is a couple spots out here where townies come out and dump trash and used up furniture. Would love to catch them in the act, scare the crap out of them. Never see anybody though. We put up 2 fake cameras at our old house and they worked,all the dopers in town thought they were real lol. Might try the cameras with the signs posted, may be just enough to make them keep going.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
#1. Drag the mattress and box spring to the road, call county and complain about the trash dumped on the side of the road.

#2. Fence your property so that it is inaccessible to vehicles so they can't pull in and dump.

@Zeedman I'd put up a fence so there would be no doubt about the property line. And I'd throw their trash back on their side!

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Zeedman I'd put up a fence so there would be no doubt about the property line. And I'd throw their trash back on their side!
The entire tree line is on my property, so they know where the property line is. Thought about putting up a fence several times.
1. Zoning requires that I pay for a survey before erecting a fence - $$$
2. I'd need 350' of strong fence, high enough so they couldn't just throw things over. Zoning again limits my fencing options - $$$
3. Erecting the fence would require me to (a) cut access routes through my beautiful tree line (which is unthinkable), or (b) get permission from all of the back neighbors to erect the fence from their side. If the neighbors were reasonable enough to allow option (b), I wouldn't need the fence!!!:he

Wish I could put up a fence tall enough to keep the deer out; but looked into that too... really big $$$$$$$$$$$. I'm too close to retirement to casually make such large expenditures, so unfortunately fencing will remain pretty far down on my priority list.

Latest posts